Saturday, February 25, 2017

      While I was searching for a good commentary to do this assignment from the list resources, a lot of articles about our new president’s words, “Media are people’s enemy”, caught my attention. Since Trump won the election, there has been a lot of controversial discussions arise around him, so I thought this would be a good topic for this assignment. After I started to review some articles discussing Trump’s attitude toward the media, the title “Trump Knows How to Make Enemies, Not Deals” drew my attention. This is exactly what I thought after I heard about him on the news. The author’s intended audience is most likely someone like me, trying to be neutral, but still taking on the side of issue leaning in favor of Trump’s opponent. The fact that she didn’t criticize the policy he makes, and only commented on the way he delivered to the public gave me the sense of neutrality. However, she also used strong words such as” demonize “that gave me the feeling that she is not really neutral. The author, Nancy, holds a bachelor’s degree in Psychology/Social Studies/Secondary Education and a master’s degree in Theology/Marriage and Family Therapy and provided counseling and family therapy for youth who were chemically dependent, runaways, throwaways and in other high-risk situations for over 14 years. I believe her credibility from a social worker’s viewpoint, which is directly connected to society. I truly agree with Nancy’s point of view. I think some of the issues Trump pointed out really needs to be fixed in a harsh way, but he could have used a totally different way to say the words that would make him be more pleasant to other people, but he always does it via the Trump-style.
      I also agree with the Eastern metaphor she used, yang and yin. It really made sense to me. I came from Taiwan, and we have subtle political issues with China government. As I heard Trump made a phone call to China, I really want him to retain his radical attitude toward China, but the result turned out to be him drawing back a little bit. Her explanation clarified my question.

No comments:

Post a Comment